Marching Band

Friday, November 4, 2011

Marching band is a physical activity in which a group of instrumental musicians generally perform outdoors and incorporate some type of marching ( and possibly onto other movements) with their musical performance. Instrument typically includes brass, woodwinds and percussion instruments. Most marching bands use some kind of uniform (often a military style) that include the school or organization’s name or symbol, pith helmets, feather plumes, shakos, gloves,  and sometimes gauntlets, sashes and/or capes. 
(source by wikipedia)

Experience :
I so excited about music. I just couldn’t hold back the tears of joy and sadness when I listening music. Because every day, every time, every moment I listening music, especially classic music like Beethoven, Sonata, and else. Well, This year, I’ve joined marching band at Mataram University. I’ve just became a new member. My senior lets me to join to other organization like modern band but I not accepted because honestly I really need any experience in music to join in a modern band. I more interested in marching band ;) because Marching band is the goal I have dreamed of since I’m freshman at Mataram University. I’m thankful every day that my teacher gave me the opportunity to teach about music.  The choice of instrumental almost depends of me, maybe. I don’t know what I used to choice. To be able to play instruments like the trumpet, I think  it’s need some lesson in producing the sound, it’s kinda hard to do. The saxophone is easy, fun and doesn’t take  a whole lot of effort. Once I get  my sense  of getting a good tone in, I’II be having fun in long time (I can play saxophen little). I think I’II be taken Pit instrument. I’II always carry the memories of marching band with me cause it's my choice. 

Share This Post

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...